Make this cute bottle cap turkey magnet craft for Thanksgiving. It’s super easy and the thing that takes the longest is waiting for the paint to dry on the bottle cap.
I used caps from an apple juice bottle because they’re on the larger side. Gatorade bottle caps will work too.
I used cupcake liners in fall colors – orange, yellow, red. The only mini liners I had on hand were these red and white striped, but they turned out cute.
For the Bottle Cap Turkey Head
- Bottle cap
- Brown paint
- Googly eyes
- Red paper
- Orange paper
- Orange pipe cleaner
For the Turkey Feathers
- 2 regular cupcake liners
- 1 mini cupcake liner
- Double sided tape
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Directions for Bottle Cap Turkey Magnet Craft
1. Paint the bottle caps with brown paint. You’ll paint the inside of the cap and at least the sides of the outside. You can leave the back unpainted since it won’t show. It will take a few coats. Leave to dry.
2. Cut out orange beaks and red wattles.
3. Once the bottle caps are dry, glue the googly eyes, beak, and wattle on the inside of the cap.
4. Turn the mini cupcake liner inside out. Attach the turkey bottle cap to the center with double sided tape.
5. Cut the orange pipe cleaner about 4 inches. Fold in half. This will be the legs of the turkey.
6. Cut two smaller lengths of pipe cleaner. Wrap one small piece around the end of each “leg” of the folded pipe cleaner. I folded both sides around the legs and then folded again to make it more secure. Trim so the ends are all even.
7. Tape the legs to the back of the mini liner and set aside.
8. Turn the regular cupcake liners inside out and flatten. Cut slits along the outside of the liners until you reach the natural center circle. Trim a small section of the liners to make room for the turkey legs. You can also use the cupcake liner as is without cutting slits along the outside like in the red and orange turkey pictured. Just trim out the piece for the legs.
9. Use double sided tape to attach two of the liners together. Stagger them slightly so you can see both colors.
10. Tape the bottle cap with the mini liner and pipe cleaner to the center of the two regular liners.
11. Hot glue a magnet to the back and let dry.
See – easy, right? Have fun making your own bottle cap turkey magnet!